Thursday, January 20, 2011

tonight its a quickie!

     too pooped today to do anything in the extreme sense of creativity... so a nice easy pair of earrings will be on the boards tonight.  I had a lady look at these and say, "Ooh!  I like that they don't match... but I don't know if I could wear them... Can you make me another pair just like them so I have options, because I just don't know if these Are Me or not?"  My knee-jerk reaction is to say, "Lady... if you like something... it's You.  Don't be scared of a pair of mismatched earrings.  There are bigger worries on the planet."
     instead I smile, make the earrings and then when I call... her number has been disconnected... Yea, I'm thinking mismatched earrings are the least of her concerns-


     a note on marriage:  on the way to school today, my son says, "Mom, marriage looks hard."  oh, the response options... "Well, son, it can be challenging", is what I went with.  he continues, "Yea, cuz what if they turn out Icky?... then you're just kinda stuck, huh?"  "Well," I tell him, "this is why you don't rush into these things.  Your dad and I dated for 6 years (not My idea-) before we got married."  "Yea," he says, "I might want to start looking soon-"  I may have a daughter-in-law by the time he's in third grade-

No comments:

Post a Comment